phuongdough

Hey, its all about me.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I Love Live Music

I love going to gigs! Earlier this year, I bought tickets for Quyen and I to go see Regina Spektor. She was incredible. Some of her set was played with a band, the rest was solo - just her voice, the piano and at one point a chair that she used as a drum. She played her new work as well as some of the old favourites including On The Radio, Better and Fidelity. Watching her inspired me to get back into piano playing - not that I've acted on it, but I have thought about it.

A couple of weeks ago, Jeremy and I went to see Vampire Weekend. This was their first concert in Perth and I loved it. They played a great mix of songs from both Vampire Weekend and Contra. Was fun to sing along and dance (as much as I could, in the shoulder to shoulder crowd).

Next gig will be On The Brightside - The Strokes are headlining. Only two months to go :)