phuongdough

Hey, its all about me.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meet the Rellies

Yesterday was a long and eventful day. We were picked up at 6am and taken to the 'jungle' where my youngest Uncle lives. My Grandparents live nearby, so they met us there too, along with an assortment of cousins that I couldn't keep track of. Below is my Uncle 6, he normally lives in France, and is currently on holiday here. We started the day with a shot of whiskey. Him, his brother in law and Jeremy went on to polish off 3 bottles between them. Nasty stuff!

Below is my Grandad (mum's Dad).


My Uncle's family mainly live off the land. In the morning, I watched as two chickens were killed to make our lunch.

Below, are jackfruits. If you've never had them, they're an amazing sweet fruit, with a yellow flesh. They're even better, when eaten fresh.

Here's all the family gathered for the lunch.

And finally, I let my 5 year old cousin take some pix with my camera - below is the best one he took :)